When Mike Deming set out to design the best outdoor chair, it was his wife, Karen that he had in mind. In 1990, eight months after they were married, a car accident left Karen a quadripalegic. Mike was determined to see that Karen enjoyed past activities. His love of Karen and her special seating requirements led to the finished prototype in 1994. De-Bug has come a long way since then. You can rest easy because the Demings are users of the De-Bug chairs. All of the details have been thought out. From the De-Bug’s easy fit through a 36" doorway, to the maneuverability provided by castering rear wheels, this product is a winner for all users!
The De-Bug’s unique, patented design provides a comfortable ride. Your body is properly supported in this chair. De-Bug turns easily and quickly while users sit at a comfortable tilt angle which may be adjusted. Our De-Bug chairs may be scaled to fit any sized individual and most every type of seating requirement may be accommodated. Just call.
Ultimate Stability - Feel safe & secure
De-Bug’s articulating rear suspension allows all four wheels to remain in contact with the ground when going across uneven terrain, making De-Bug more stable than fixed wheeled
chairs. This helps to improve ride stability and makes going anywhere more comfortable.
• De-Bug frame is constructed using #316L Stainless Steel tubing which is a higher grade than standard “#304 marine grade” stainless.
• Attractive combination of Polished Stainless tubing and Navy seating.
Weight capacity 350 pounds standard, weight capacities up to 600 pounds can be accommodated for a nominal fee.
• Casters - rear wheels rotate 360 degrees . Wheel hubs are made from poly-nylon material to eliminate salt water corrosion.
• The rear suspension also articulates +/- ~20 degrees, allowing all four wheels to remain in contact with the ground when going across uneven terrain, making it much more stable than standard outdoor wheelchairs.
• Swing away arm rests are also easily removable for Lateral transfers.
• Footrest-Has Linear position telescopic length adjustment and four position angle adjustment. This model De-Bug also has a footrest for proper foot support.
• Wheel Lock - Adjustable tension wheel brake can be actuated independently on each side, uses all #316L stainless steel hardware.
• Chair width is ~33.5 inches to access a 36 inch doorway and is ~27 inches wide with the optional interchangeable pool wheels.
• Chair design is patented in the U.S. #380,991 and registered with agencies, and insurance companies.